9.2.10

139/365

This picture is completely unrelated
to the story.

The
oth
-er
day
I
was
driv
-ing
down
a
street
with
Allie.
This street
is not known
for it's
magnificent houses
or phenomenal shops.
This street is labeled
by its problems, by it's
Poverty. I came to a
red light and I couldn't
help but notice this
women on the sidewalk.
Allie was speaking of
how she was going to
send her brother some
things in the mail but
once I saw this women,
Allie's voice faded away.
As though my head was
immersed underwater.
All my focus was on this
women. At first she port
-rayed a normal physical
appearance, but quickly
you could tell that her
mind was not with her
body. It's like her soul
ran away when it realized
that she had shot up. This
beast flowing through her
veins, breaking the frames
of her senses, had full control
of her. Struggling to stay on her
feet, she wavered back and forth
on a square slab of the sidewalk. Her eyes kept
fluttering around in every direction like she was
trying
to find
something
that
wasn't
there.
At one point she dropped her phone
in the ice around her. She had
to get on her knees to retrieve it.


That was the first time I saw in person, what Cocaine
can do to a human being.
I never want to see another person
be in full submission to a drug.
What I saw that day was a unnecessary struggle
to stay alive. When people around the world are
fighting with every ounce of their life to keeping
their heart beating why are there some that choose
to stop the heart?

ZV

0 comments: